Trailblazer Hits the Web

Trailblazer Hits the Web
The new school year brings a new medium for news at McNeil High School. The former print newspaper, The Trailblazer, will be exclusively online. The switch to paper-free news means changes for students and faculty.“The online newspaper will allow the students to update information with more immediacy,” adviser Theresa Proctor said. “News will be more timely now that we aren’t restricted to a printed newspaper on a six week cycle.”

The online news hub will update all aspects of student activity. This means sports updates and event information will be more current and up to date.

“Hopefully this new form of distributing information will keep more students informed about what is going on at McNeil,” editor-in-chief Quinn Phelan said.

Not only will the website benefit students at McNeil who read the news, but will also have a profound impact on the students writing the news.

“For our newspaper students, going online will more successfully replicate what it’s like to be a professional journalist,” Proctor said. “Students will have to write stories weekly, and won’t be confined to the limited space on printed newspapers.”