‘Legally Blonde’ Winter Production Jumps Onstage This Week

Talented+theatre+and+choir+students+will+perform+Legally+Blonde%3A+The+Musical+this+week.+
Image by Aleah Goldberg
Talented theatre and choir students will perform “Legally Blonde: The Musical” this week.

The winter production of Legally Blonde: the Musical will be showing at 7 p.m. Thursday through Saturday at the Performing Arts Center. Many choir and theater students have rehearsed every day beginning in October in preparation for the performance.

“The amount of talent in the show is incredible,” junior Jessie Webb said. “It’s very high spirited and a lot of work went into it.”

The musical that students have worked so hard for is not exactly the same as the popular movie, Legally Blonde. Audience members will pay $10 to see multiple musical numbers with deep character development that was not included in the movie.

“The musical is ten times better than the movie,” senior Rodrigo Morales said. “The plot is similar, but the characters are developed more than in the movie and there are a bunch of great songs.”

The cast and crew have practiced for the production for four months. Students gathered every day during and after school to create the art that they share a passion for. Students in the costume design class had a chance to use their creativity by designing the costumes for the show.

“I love singing and musicals,” Webb said. “I enjoy being surrounded by so many good and talented people, even if it means that I’ll get songs stuck in my head.”

The anticipation for the end of this week has been growing throughout the cast. The actors and singers, assured that people will enjoy the comical and unique musical, are anxious to show what they’ve been working so hard for.

“I can’t wait to show people all of our work with the full set, lights, and microphones,” Morales said. “People are gonna love it- It’s Legally Blonde.”