HOSA Students Compete Well, Advance to Area, State

The District HOSA competition yielded positive results for a number of students

Because of their stellar performances, the following students automatically advance to state competition in April. Danny Lin took the Healthcare Issues Exam, scoring in the top 10 percent. Saheel Chodavadia won first place in the Medical Law and Ethics Exam and Vivianna Wu placed second. Barun Das took second place in Medical Math, one of the three Round Rock ISD students who earned places in the top three. Hunter Montgomery claimed second in Pharmacology, followed by Livia Rezende who placed third. Finally, Zoe Punske placed second in Medical Reading.

Advancing to the area meet, the following students will compete in January. Nahiyan Khandker, Mustafa Monk, Daniel Olander and Jack Swink, who scored second, were part of the Biomedical Debate Team. Nick Ge competed in Biotechnology. Two teams participated in the Creative Problem Solving Team: team one included Atyam Manasa, Charmi Patel, Nikki Tra and Brittany van der Woude, and team two included Farrukh Botrizoda, Lauren Boyles, Toby Caro, and Young Shin. Forensic Medicine also had two teams, the first consisted of Chetin Dhir and Danny Lin, and the second team included Hannah Fang and Olivia Li. Morgan Brock, who scored first, and Kemi Adetutu competed in Home Health Aide. Eileen Euperio and Jennifer Hoang took part in Medical Spelling, while Marielle Catolos competed in Nursing Assisting. Jamie Choe scored first in Physical Therapy and Pavan Malani and Amber Vo competed in Sports Medicine. Ciera Lanier took part in Veterinary Science, and Meghan Romere competed in Office Candidate.

Jack Chang was first runner-up in the Nutrition Exam and Marlise Arellano took part in Sports Medicine. Honorable mention goes out to Jackie Matthews who took the Human Growth and Development Exam and Sammy Snook who competed in Nutrition.