Filed under Briefs, News

Around the World in 120 Minutes

Annual Culture Fair Thursday 4:30-6:30 p.m. in cafeteria

At the 2016 Culture Fair, senior Derek Jang and junior Sharon Park play traditional Korean drums with the group called Daool, which means

At the 2016 Culture Fair, senior Derek Jang and junior Sharon Park play traditional Korean drums with the group called Daool, which means "united as one" in Korean. In preparation for the performance, the group practiced two hours per week. In addition to the McNeil culture fair, Daool also performed at Asian events throughout Central Texas.

Bahiya Khan

Bahiya Khan

Diversity Club will host the annual Culture Fair Thursday, April 13 from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. in the cafeteria. The entry fee is $1 and snacks will be on sale for $2. During the event, students come together to showcase diverse countries around the world, from the fashion to the music to the food.
“I chose to do dance because it’s super fun and I look forward to performing on stage with my friends,” sophomore Spurthi Kuppasad said. “I’ve learned that it takes coordination with other people to result in a good product.”
The festivity includes a fashion show, martial arts, singing and dancing. Some social studies teachers are giving extra credit for attendance to the Culture Fair.
“I wanted to participate because I want to step out of my comfort zone; I’ve never been on stage before,” sophomore Uzma Pathan said. “I’m representing India because I want to embrace my culture.”