Harry Potter and the Writers of Wattpad

Wattpad, a site millions of readers and writers go to, is popular for its fan fiction. This website engages the user and is easy to navigate,
Wattpad, a site millions of readers and writers go to, is popular for it’s fan fiction. This website engages the user and is easy to navigate,

From online websites to mobile apps, fanfiction app Wattpad is making it’s way into McNeil. Wattpad is an online “blog” where people can post original stories, and/or fanfictions. Related to the website, WWW.Fanfiction.net, Wattpad is the world’s largest community of readers and writers. It’s a free and fun way to read on the web and across all mobile devices. Every day, millions of people use Wattpad to read unique new fiction or share their own creative writing. For both deep readers and aspiring writers, Wattpad is the best place to discover and share unlimited stories.

Wattpad, founded by Allen Lau and Ivan Yuen, revolutionized the way people read, write and share stories. All the content on this social network is created by its community of users. So far, more than 5 million stories have been uploaded to Wattpad spanning all genres of creative writing – from mystery, to romance, sci fi, poetry and fan fiction.

I was oblivious to this trending matter, until a friend told me about it. The minute I was exposed to this I was buzzing about it. The website offers many different styles of writing and it is easy to read. Definitely a good break from actual books. Now that I am aware of Wattpad, I have begun to notice it all throughout the school. Groups of teens huddle in a corner talking about an update.

From experience, I can say that this App/Website is addicting. It draws you in and swallows you up . . . kind of like Alice and the rabbit hole. You don’t have to be much of a reader to look through the catalog, there is a lot you can learn. And for those of you who write, this is an amazing chance to have your story published. Create an account and start tapping your pen.

There are more websites like Wattpad that are there for your enjoyment. Browse around and find your niche within this revolutionary website.