Girls Sweep Maverick Relays

The annual Mav Relays took place on March 8 with both the junior varsity and the varsity teams taking first. Due to rain, all field events were canceled, but the running events continued.

JV results are as follows:

In the 3200m run, Kate Shomper took first place at 12:031 with Ke’ala Barron close behind at second place with 13:01.

In the 200m dash, Aundrea Culliver won first place at 28:45, Ana Richie at second place with 28:74, and Kelsey Sanders in fifth place at 29:50.

With a time of 5:51, Shomper placed first in the 1600m dash with Lauren Henson coming in second at 5:51.61. Barron placed third with 6:07 and Emily Chandonnet came in fourth place posting a time of 6:09.

In the 4×400 relay, (Delaney Quinn, Jamera Prater, Kaley Carey and Ana Richie), the JV girls placed second with 4:32.

At a total of 153 points, girls’ JV took first place overall, with Cedar Ridge at second place with 66 points.

The varsity girls had an impressive meet, as well.

Megan Pellacani won the 3200m run with 11:47, and Sahara Poole placed eighth with 12:33.

In the 4x800m relay, Madison Kisner, Pellacani, Carina Cabello and Thea Dombkowski placed third at 10:41. In fourth place, varsity girls Lexi Cook, Emily Dombkowski, Elise Dalton and Poole posted a time of 10:59.

With a time of 48:96 in the 4x100m relay, Sydney Howells, Gracen Odendahl, Silvana Verri and Judy Emeodi placed first.

In the 200m dash, Emeodi won first at 25:82, and Odendahl took second place at 27:28.

In the 1600m run, Amelia McElhiney placed second at 5:02, and Zoe Punske came in third at 5:20.

In the 4x400m relay, varsity girls (Diamond Caro, Darian Austin, Odendahl and Emeodi) placed third with a time of 4:07.