Childhood Movies Inspire Happiness, Fond Memories

At the beginning of this century, most of us were in the peaceful land of elementary school. After finishing a few simple worksheets for the day, we would usually eat some Spaghetti-Os with a Wonder Ball for dessert. We would then settle down with our Beanie Babies to watch our favorite movie. Whether it was for the music, jokes or life lessons, we all had a favorite movie to watch on the big VHS tape.

Little_Mermaid,_The2

“When I was a child, my favorite movie was The Little Mermaid because I liked the music and the fact that Ariel got what she wanted in the end. I liked how she knew what she wanted and stayed true to herself and her family.”
-Hannah Winkler (10)

king-kong-poster
“King Kong is my favorite childhood movie because it was really cool to me. It was awesome that it included dinosaurs fighting a huge ape.”
-Albert Kim (10)

lionking“The Lion King was my favorite movie because it’s so adorable. I love Disney and this movie taught me life lessons that I didn’t know about before.”
-Irina Wozniczka (9)

barbie-of-swan-lake-movie-poster-2003-1010270003

“I really liked Barbie of Swan Lake because I really liked the magic of it. I loved the silly animals and how it was a fairytale. Who wouldn’t like that?”
-Rachel Chen (11)

the-emperors-new-groove-movie-poster-2000-1020231147“I loved The Emperor’s New Groove when I was little. I watched it all the time and it made me laugh every time”
-Daisha Barry (11)

“My favorite movie was Howl’s Moving Castle. The characters looked really unique to me and the movie was really funny.”howlsmovingcastle
-Carrie Garrett (9)

happyfeet

“Happy Feet was my favorite movie because Elijah Wood was in it and it was really catchy. I was also interested in rhythm, so the movie was perfect for me. Nobody can hate Robin Williams or penguins.”
-Kevin Lam (11)

“I always loved Aladdin. I loved the genie and thought he was hilarious, and it was great that one of my favorite actors, Robin Williams, acted the part. I also loved Jasmine and her free spirit, which made her one of myaladdin2 favorite Disney princesses.”
-Caroline Yong (10)

totoro3large

‘My Neighbor Totoro was my favorite movie. It was super cute and the art was amazing. It was a really fun movie that didn’t have a complicated plot, and I could relate to the characters well.”
Catherine Caprio (10)

View Comments (1)
$95
$1000