New Halftime Show Pleases Crowds

Many different elements are coming together to make an interesting and unique
halftime show during football games this fall.“Halftime has a new, particularly entertaining factor this year,” junior Jenna Brannon said. “The
band and Majestics both have great performances.”

Every two weeks, the Majestics perform a different dance routine.

“The visual effects are cool and bring a lot to the performance,” sophomore Lauren Rodriguez
said. “Our formations are very cool also.”

During the Majestic routine, the band plays popular songs such as “Moves Like Jagger” and
“On the Floor.”

“We dance to a lot of popular songs,” Rodriguez said. “They are very upbeat and fun.”

After the Majestics perform their difficult routine, the band stays on the field to perform this
year’s fall show, entitled “Touch.” The show is about all of the ways that music touches
humans mentally and emotionally.

“I like how it connects to the human experience,” junior Jessie Webb said. “It’s a lot more
mature than our shows from the last few years.”

To represent the feelings that music brings to humans, band members use moves in which
they  make contact to each other with their hands and make formations representing music
and touch.

“Audiences will like the drill,” junior Sarah Fincher said. “We make a lot of really cool shapes.”

The visuals are not the only thing about halftime that audiences enjoy. The music to “Touch” creates excitement in the stands during halftime as well.

“Audiences love the impact points,” Webb said. “That’s when everyone, even the players, get
goosebumps.”

The entertaining music, as well as impressive visual effects, of this year’s halftime performance
have a unique factor from past years. The band and Majestics have created a halftime worth
watching.