First Day Changes

With the start of the school year, students have seen multiple changes, various parts of the school being improved and upgraded. The new method of schedule and first-day packet distribution was a prime example of said change, making a 45-minute period of waiting and receiving forms on the first day of school into a quick schedule pick-up and walk to first period.“It was much more efficient,” Government teacher Rachel Brooks said.

Through both methods, students received the same material, but the new system seemed to be more helpful in general. According to Karol Giblin, a member of the leadership team, this change came about because of the amount of time that students and teachers wasted on the first day of school in previous years.

“It was a great idea. Efficient. I really like how we have our own kids,” English teacher Linda Hengst said. “I feel like in the past years there was a lot of wasted time. It allowed me to be on track.”

Students didn’t have to read a list and navigate through the crowded halls to find a room they’d be staying in for only 45 minutes. Once grabbing their schedule, they could go directly to their first period class.

“It was easier to find my classes and where I needed to go,” junior Jack Sullivan said.