Majestics Dance to the Top at HTE Competition

The+Majestics+were+successful+at+their+first+competition+as+a++team.+
Image by Miranda Morgan
The Majestics were successful at their first competition as a team.

The Majestics participated in the HTE competition in New Braunfels with team and individual success. The team placed first and the officers became grand champions along with solo finalists and duet champions.

“The competition went great and better than expected for our first competition,” junior Kaleigh Beane said. “I’m so proud of our team.”

The Majestics worked long hours in preparation for the competition, beginning rehearsals in November. Dancers practiced for two hours every morning along with some additional work on the weekends for six hours.

“We practice really hard every morning,” junior Catherine Ricks said. “We get to spend a lot of time together.”

Practicing wasn’t the only thing that Majestics like to do together. Dancers enjoyed performing what they work so hard for with their friends. This passion was expressed when Lauren Rodriguez and Kaitlyn Rodriguez won grand champions in their duet.

“My favorite part of competitions is showing everyone how hard you’ve been working,” junior Jordan Villanueva said. “I love performing the final product.”

Though performing was an important part of being a Majestic, the bonds made between the girls were a major reason why they love it so much.

“Performing in competitions is great,” Beane said. “But the friendships made are priceless.”