Fall Album Recommendations

Essentially music is a necessity for the fall season, listening to these albums while walking in the cool crisp breeze and enjoying a pumpkin spice latte is the complete look. With no musical guidance of good albums it can be disoriented, imagine the same scenario with music by Travis Scott. Entirely different mood. That’s why Olivia and I worked to create this list of albums, to hopefully help guide someone on their path to the perfect fall.

For Emma, Forever Ago

By Bon Iver

For Emma, Forever Ago first released July 8, 2007 is an Indie folk, alt-country and ambient album. Many of the songs can be described as having a peaceful, slower pace with acoustic strumming. Some notable songs include “For Emma” and “Skinny Love.

Atlanta Millionaires club

By Faye Webster

Atlanta Millionaires Club, first released May 24, 2019 is an alternative country, R&B and indie folk album. Many of the songs can be characterized as mellow tunes with soft vocals, with highlights of  Webster’s iconic use of the Steel guitar. Notable songs include “Come to Atlanta” and “Kingston.”

Cleopatra

By The Lumineers

Cleopatra, first released April 8, 2016, is an American, folk rock and indie folk album. Many of the songs possess smooth harmonies, often the songs build up intensity overtime and tell a story through the lyrics. Notable songs include “Ophelia” and “Cleopatra.

Harry Styles

By Harry Styles

Harry Styles was first released May 12, 2017. This album is a pop, rock and soft-rock album. The songs on the album can range from many soft and gentle, to faster and tense songs. Many of the songs build from a soft style to an intense style with many overlapping parts. Some notable songs include “Sign of the Times” and “From the Dining Table.

Punisher

By Phoebe Bridgers

Punisher, first released June 18, 2020 is an indie rock, indie folk and emo folk album. Many of the songs can be described as having a melancholy tune, often building gradually in intensity. Some notable songs include “I Know the End” and “Garden Song.

Red (Taylor’s Version)

By Taylor Swift

The album Red by Taylor Swift was first released on October 12, 2012 and Swift then re-recorded the album. Red (Taylor’s Version) came out on November 12, 2021. This album is primarily a pop album, with some songs having a slight country feel. Many of these songs can be described as slow and melancholy, and then some are more upbeat and have happier pop aspects. Some notable songs include “All Too Well” and “Red.”

Hatful of Hollow

By The Smiths

Hatful of Hollow, first released November 12, 1984 is an Alternative rock, Indie pop, post-punk album. Many of the songs can be described as having a lively tune with monotone vocals. Some notable songs include “This Charming Man” and “Heaven Knows I’m Miserable Now.

The Bends

By Radiohead

The Bends by Radiohead was released March 13, 1995, it could best be described as an alternative rock, or indie rock album. Many of these songs feature loud guitar strumming and have a calm chaos about them.  Some notable songs are “High and Dry”, and “Black Star.”

Hozier

By Hozier

The self-titled album Hozier by Hozier was first released on September 19, 2014. This album can be described as a folk rock or indie rock album. Many of these songs are slower, somber and feature acoustic guitar strumming. Some notable songs include “Take me to Church ” and “Like Real People Do.”

Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

By The Smashing Pumpkins

Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness was first released October 23, 1995. This album can be categorized as an alternative rock album. Some songs lean towards a grungier tune and others a more dreamy tune. Some notable songs are “1979” and “Zero.