Filed under Features, Showcase

Mavs Get Involved

New clubs pique students’ interests

This+picture+is+the+poster+of+the+Girl+Up+club+in+the+main+hallway.+The+Girl+Up+club+is+the+one+of+the+new+club+formed+this+year.+Hoping+everyone+to+be+interested+in+the+Girl+Up+club%21+Be+a+hero%21++
This picture is the poster of the Girl Up club in the main hallway. The Girl Up club is the one of the new club formed this year. Hoping everyone to be interested in the Girl Up club! Be a hero!

With the new Flex time and the coming of fall, established clubs and new clubs, such as Bible Study Club, Coloring Club, UNICEF Club, Story Writing Club, Future Lawyers Club, Photography Club, Green Cord and Girl Up, have started to get settled.

Students who enjoy coloring in a quiet environment should check out Coloring Club during Flex time on every Friday. Besides coloring illustrations, Coloring Club promotes cooperation and participation.

Coloring Club increases relaxation by coloring in a quiet environment,” sponsor Lori Mann said. “I think that McNeil students just need a place to be calm and do something creative and mindless.”

Green Cord helps students track their volunteer hours throughout high school to receive a green cord to wear at graduation.

Girl Up was activated this year. It is a national organization dedicated to uplifting and empowering women and girls. The club works with the United Nations to educate girls, improve girls’ health, keep girls safe from violence, and encourage girls to lead. Girl Up meets every Wednesday after school at 4:30 in C134.

The scope of these efforts is worldwide, with particular focus on reaching girls in developing countries and communities,” co-sponsor Erin Cutchen said.

For a complete list of clubs and meeting times, check the following links: MHS Clubs and Flex Clubs.

1 Comment

One Response to “Mavs Get Involved”

1. Sunjong Wang on October 30th, 2017 12:41 pm

Very nice news, Jinhee. impressive to me. more fresh news for everyone. thank you.

[Reply]

*

• Mavs Get Involved

Entertainment

Pay Attention

• Mavs Get Involved

News

Old School

• Event Recaps

Follow The Music

• Mavs Get Involved

News

Gettin’ Schooled

• Mavs Get Involved

Entertainment

Infinite Gains

• News

38th Parallel North

• Mavs Get Involved

Event Recaps

#NeverAgain

• Mavs Get Involved

Opinion

Change Starts Here

• Mavs Get Involved

Entertainment

SXSW spotlights Korean artists

• Event Recaps

Triple Threat

Mavs Get Involved