Guide to Piercings

Deciding on a piercing, getting over the fear and committing to it is a big deal. There are so many different kinds of piercings and some may suit other people’s lifestyles and wants more than others. Each piercing comes with pros and cons to consider.

Septum piercings are growing in popularity for a good reason. These piercings are almost painless and easy to hide. This is perfect for people who still want to be able to keep that “professional” look when they need to. This piercing has a relatively simple healing process. It is overall a good beginner piercing aside for its possibility of infection and other complications.

Earlobe piercings are the most common as well as the most “socially acceptable”. This means that they won’t interfere with getting jobs or being in other professional settings, unlike other piercings, like large facial piercings would. The earlobe is an easy place to heal and complications are unlikely. In general, there are little to no cons to getting an earlobe piercing.

Nostril piercings are mildly painful and pretty generic. If the jewelry is kept simple, issues in professional settings shouldn’t be likely. They take up to four months to heal, which could be an obstacle for some people depending on their lifestyles. Swimming before the piercing is healed is not advised by professionals. Getting this piercing during the summer or as someone that swims often, is not suggested. Besides these cons, this piercing looks good on almost everyone.

The navel is a sensitive place to get pierced. It’s more often for complications to arise with this piercing. It takes about a year to fully heal and swimming is also not recommended in its beginning stages. Rejection is more common for this location as well. On the bright side, it’s cute and adds a nice accessory to outfits. It is versatile as there are many different jewelry pieces made for it like dangly and sparkly, to simple studs.