Thrift Stores in Austin

When it comes to students upping their fashion style game, the first thing in mind is buying new clothes. For students with a tight budget, shopping at thrift stores will help students explore their clothing tastes and what trends they may like while saving money.

Goodwill
Founded in 1902, Goodwill is one of the main thrift stores that sells donated clothing and household items. Separated by the type of clothing, many racks offer various items that can take a bit of searching back and forth to find the perfect piece. Revisiting racks can help find items that may have been missed earlier in case students see something they really like.

The Salvation Army Thrift Store
Salvation Army is an organization that runs thrift stores to raise money for shelters, rehabilitation centers and disaster relief efforts. All clothes and furniture donated are sold to the public and can be bought with a voucher for those in need. The store sorts its clothing by color, so building a closet with a specific color scheme can be easy.

Buffalo Exchange
The Buffalo Exchange is a resale retailer store that pays donors for their clothes and resells them in shops. The store is known for its vintage and eccentric pieces and its boutique look. Students who fancy a more old-fashioned look or patterns should consider shopping here.

Uptown Cheapskate
Compared to the other stores, Uptown Cheapskate resells clothing that is in style and up to date with trends. The store selects and buys donated clothing that is only currently popular with teenagers and young adults and will sell well for their customers. Different locations of Uptown Cheapskate may also have vintage or retro clothing. This store would be perfect for students who want to keep up with fast-changing trends.