Baked Cinnamon Sugar Baked Donuts

Fourteenth in the Christmas Advent Calendar series.

I think these donuts are the best donuts you will be able to make at home. Me and my family were thoroughly surprised when I made them for the first time and they were a hit within my family. These baked cinnamon sugar donuts are perfect for breakfast or dessert during the winter season. Perfectly sweet and soft with a slight crunch from the cinnamon sugar.

Ingredients:
Donut Pan
1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
⅓ cup light brown sugar
½ teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon salt
1 egg
⅓ cup plain, nonfat yogurt
¼ cup vegetable oil
¼ cup whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
¼ cup butter

1- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease a standard-sized donut pan and set aside.
2- In a medium bowl combine the sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, combine egg, yogurt, vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla extract. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients mixing until combined, the mixture will be slightly lumpy and thick.
3- Spoon the batter into a large ziplock bag and cut a ½ inch hole in one of the corners of the bag. Pipe the dough into the molds filing ¾ of the way to the top of the molds. Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before brushing in melted butter and coating in cinnamon sugar.
4- To make the cinnamon sugar you will need to combine the cinnamon and sugar in a bowl leaving enough room for the donut. Using a culinary brush you will brush each donut on each side with melted butter. Enjoy!

To see yesterday’s Christmas Advent Calendar post with a recipe with Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup Recipe, use this link.