Filed under Briefs

Save the Date

Round Rock ISD Releases Calendar for 2018-19 School Year

“The calendar this year was okay,” junior Desha Patel said. “I liked how it was before.”

Next year, school will start on August 16, a Thursday, and end on May 23, also a Thursday.

In the first semester, students will have a day off in September for Labor Day, two days off in October for Columbus Day, a week off in November for Thanksgiving, and  two weeks off for Winter Break.For the second semester, there will be two days off in January, two days off in February for President’s Day, a week for Spring Break, and a day off in April.

“I wish that it would start later and on a Tuesday like it usually does,” freshman Victoria Delarosa said.

Just like this year, school will run from 9:05 to 4:20 and is based on a 435-minute day.

“I think it’s a good idea,” junior Maddie Navarrete said. “In the end it’s worth it since school will end before Memorial Day.”

About the Writer
Tiffany Sawruk, Reporter

Hi, I am a senior and this is my third year writing for the Trailblazer. I am also on the varsity tennis team and volunteer outside of school. I am very excited to be on staff this year and I hope y’all enjoy our stories.