Starbucks Winter Menu Review

Photo courtesy of Starbucks website.

Starbucks Gingerbread Chai Latte

Gingerbread Chai Latte

Scout: 3/5

The Gingerbread Chai Latte tasted a lot like a normal chai latte and did not live up to its name. The gingerbread flavor tasted more of cinnamon than ginger. A lot of the spices that are in gingerbread are also in chai so it really didn’t feel special. 

Hannah: 2.5/5

The Gingerbread Chai Latte was not enough chai, the whole drink had hints of the flavor of corn and it was very oaty and strongly cinnamon flavored.

Starbucks Iced Sugar Cookie Latte

Iced Sugar Cookie Latte

Scout: 3/5

The Iced Sugar Cookie latte had very little flavor. The coffee taste was not strong and the milk seemed to overpower it. It had a weird aftertaste of artificial cookie butteriness. The green and red sprinkles are always cute though. 

Hannah: 3/5

The Sugar Cookie Latte honestly was a little watery, nothing exactly in particular stood out. But as a latte it was okay, very basic. A little on the sweeter side.

Starbucks Chestnut Praline Latte

Chestnut Praline Latte

Scout: 4/5

The Praline Chestnut latte has a sort of nutty caramel flavor with undernotes of spice. It’s a very warm flavor perfect for winter. There’s a good amount of sweetness to this drink, enough to even out the bitterness of the coffee. 

Hannah: 3/5

The Chestnut praline latte was very nutty, it tasted very spicy and the chestnut was very prominent as expected. It wasn’t too bitter or sweet, but toward the sweeter side.

Starbucks Caramel Brulee Latte

Caramel Brulee Latte

Scout: 5/5

The Caramel Brulee Latte has a good toasted caramel flavor. The drink is on the sweeter side but it doesn’t overpower the dark coffee taste. Its warm toasted flavor is perfect for a hot latte but is still very tasty for an iced latte

Hannah: 5/5

The Caramel Brulee Latte is honestly one of the best on the new menu, it tastes pretty strong of caramel and is fairly sweet, but it’s a perfect cozy drink for the winter.

Starbucks Peppermint Mocha Latte

Peppermint Mocha Latte

Scout: 4/5

The Peppermint Mocha is always the winter classic. It’s rich chocolate, paired with the fresh minty flavor makes for a winter favorite. The drink is pretty heavy but the light peppermint seems to balance it out. 

Hannah: 3/5

The Peppermint Mocha offers a rich flavorful mocha taste, as well as having a minty peppermint flavoring that’s perfect for a snowy, cold day. The espresso mixes perfectly into the taste and is always a holiday favorite.