Varsity Volleyball Plays Vista Ridge, 1-3 L

Image by Shreeyeska Shrestha

On Friday, September 29, varsity volleyball faced Vista Ridge on the Lady Mavs home court. The Lady Mavs carried multiple rallies and put in noticeable effort, but ultimately suffered a loss with the final score of 1-3.

Starting the game off on a rough start with losing the first set 9-25 and the second 11-25, the Lady Mavs’ hustle paid off when they ended Vista Ridge’s winning streak with an amazing comeback in the third set winning 25-22. The fourth set remained close with both teams in equal favor, but the Rangers ended up winning the fourth and final set 18-25.

“I think we played better in the end and we came together as a team,” senior Emerson Parker said. “We were really down in the second set after we lost, and in the third set we just decided why not leave it all out on the court, so we had a discussion as a team and started throwing our bodies all over the place and making the changes we needed to make.”

Major game-changer senior Tinley Schoss had 31 serve receptions and 14 digs. With 11 kills from senior Kristen Bruce and 19 assists from Parker, the Mavs had some great plays throughout the game.

“Although we lost, I still think we learned a lot about ourselves,” Parker said. “Even if we are down we won’t stop hustling on the court and playing our best. I can’t wait for our next game.”

Despite their losing streak, the Lady Mavs continue to have a positive attitude and are excited for the rest of the season. Next up they will be playing Vandigrift at home on Friday, October 6.