McNeil Track takes on Cedar Park

Senior Bharvi Varu believes having a set goal and being intentional is the key to success while running track.

On Feb. 1, 2024, girls and boys track competed in a dual meet against Cedar Park High School. Many athletes got personal records, all the girls in the program ran and only a few boys that volunteered ran in this meet.

Last track season athletes did not start competing until Feb. 18, Bhavya Varu, girl’s track manager, believes that this meet was a great head start for the season and a great foundation for the next meets.

“Getting to that stage before competition gives us a big head start,” Bhavya said. “A lot of people really pushed themselves to the best of their abilities and they achieved what they wanted. It was really fun to watch. Some amazing things happened out there.”

After not running for a month, senior Bharvi Varu improved 32 seconds on her mile time from the last practice meet. She feels confident that people will stay energetic and positive throughout the season.

“This track meet was really joyous and everybody was really motivated,” Bharvi said. “Based on this meet I think that people will continue to push each other and encourage one another and just have a fun time at the meets, it was a great environment to be in.”

Head girls track coach Meaghan Seales is looking forward to the rest of the track season. She is excited about the fact that the results from this meet were really similar to the district meet from last year.

“Watching everyone cheer on their teammates and have fun with the competition really was what it was about,” Seales said. “Getting to compete against another team and build confidence is really important for the rest of the season.”

Although Sealse was competing against her finance, the head track coach for Cedar Park, she was not nervous about the competition.

“I knew we were going to win,” Seales said. “He was able to get it going for us and he knew how important it was to me to get that competition in and he got to see some really good things from his athletes too.”