Upcoming Runs in Austin

Photo courtesy of the Half Marathon website.

Austin offers a wide range of runs for many varying skill levels, long runs can be a great way to maintain activity during an off-season or a fun activity to participate in. Whether for fun or sport, many local Austin runs are upcoming in the next few months.

The Rugged Maniac Obstacle Course takes place on Sunday, Nov. 12, 2023.
The Rugged Maniac Obstacle Course is a 5k or 3.1-mile team race through an obstacle course at the F1 Circuit of the Americas. The race is for ages 12+ with racing fees ranging from $94-100.

The Turkey Trot takes place on Thursday, Nov. 23, 2023.
The Thundercloud Subs Turkey Trot is a Thanksgiving celebration 5-mile run or 1-mile walk in Downtown Austin, all ages are permitted and racing fees range from $15-35.

The Trail of Lights Fun Run takes place on Saturday, Dec. 2, 2023.
The Trail of Lights Fun Run is a holiday 2-mile run, jog, or walk through the Zilker Park Trail of Lights, all ages are permitted and racing fees range from $20-80.

The 3M Half Marathon takes place on Sunday, Jan 21. 2024.
The Half Marathon is a 13.1-mile downhill run to downtown Austin, the race is for ages 11+ and racing fees range from $69-248.

The Austin Marathon takes place on Sunday, Feb 18. 2024.
The Austin Marathon takes place in Downtown Austin with sights of landmarks such as the Texas State Capital and the “i love you so much” mural as well as around neighborhoods. The marathon is 26.2 miles for ages 16+, the half marathon is for ages 14+ and the 5k is for ages 2+. Fees for the race range from $49-209 depending on the race.

The Cap10k takes place on Sunday, April 7, 2024.
The Cap10k is known as the largest 10k in Texas with sights of Downtown Austin. The Cap10k’s distance is 10,000 meters or 6.2 miles, The race fee ranges from $44-54 and all ages are permitted.