Full Orchestra Pre-UIL Concert

The full orchestra will perform their UIL preview concert on Feb. 22 in the cafeteria. This concert will serve as a practice run for the Full Orchestra UIL Concert and Sightreading Evaluation on Mar. 7.

This year for the first time, the Philharmonic Orchestra will also perform three full orchestra pieces before the Symphony.

“I’m excited to perform on stage in a way I have never done before with a full orchestra,” senior Philharmonic member Tanishi Patel said. “This is my first-time experience with a full orchestra, and I really like that it makes the piece more intricate.”

They will play three pieces titled Genesis by Rossano Galante, The Abduction by Mozart and The Second Storm by Robert W. Smith.

“My favorite part of Genesis is that it tells a story with the piece,” Patel said. “I kinda like to imagine the creation of a creature starting from one cell and how it just gets more and more complicated.”

Pre-UIL concerts serve the same purpose as scrimmage games for football teams.

“It helps us not only smooth out the kinks before the real competition, but also get us excited for the real UIL,” Patel said.