Filed under Briefs

No Foolin’

StuCo to host 13th annual Mr. Mav April 1

Student Council will host its 13th annual Mr. Maverick Pageant Monday, April 11 at 7 p.m. in the cafeteria.

Student Council President Thomas Sullivan and Vice President Elizabeth Nguyen will be the hosts for the night.

“Our goal is to put on a fun show for our students where they can laugh and get to know some of our seniors better, also advertising the clubs the boys will be representing,” Junior Class President Laura Wimmer said.

Mr. Maverick will have 10 contestants who will represent their respective clubs. Attendees can expect the pageant to have a group dance number intro of the contestants, as well as different segments in which the contestants compete, including  casual attire, formal attire, a talent show, and a final segment, in which the Top 5 remaining contestants are interviewed. Of the five, one will be crowned Mr. Maverick.

“My talent is going to be an artistic masterpiece,” senior Jared Carter said. “It’s going to blow their minds.”

The 10 contestants who will participate in Mr. Maverick are: Carter of Soccer, Hayden Cooper of Football, Dylan Coslet of Publications, D’Mariel Jones of Choir, Jeremy Lee of HOSA, Zach Minns of Tennis, Zachary Randall of NHS, Matt Romere of FFA, Shawn Murray of Mu Alpha Theta, and Cameron Spohn of ROTC.

“The boys have prepared some pretty hilarious responses and talents,” Wimmer said.

Tickets cost $5. For those attending the pageant, there will be a discount of $45 for prom tickets if purchased on the night of Mr. Maverick.

“We’d like students to come and watch our Mr. Maverick pageant because it is a fun McNeil tradition, full of surprises and lots of laughs,” Wimmer said. “We hope to see you there. You’re in for a treat.”