Lakers Take On The Playoffs

Photo Courtesy of Fadeaway World

This year in the 2023-2024 NBA season the Los Angeles Lakers had a record of 47 wins and 37 losses placing seventh in the Western Conference. As they advanced to the playoffs the Lakers had to face off against the Denver Nuggets which they placed second in the western conference with a record of 57 wins and 27 losses.

As these two teams faced off in the playoffs the Nuggets took the victory 114-103 in their own arena in game one, In Game two the Lakers lost by two points as the final score was 99-101 in Denver, Colorado.

In game 3 these teams faced off in the crypto.com arena in Los Angeles, California and the final score was 112-105 Denver the win, as Denver led 3-0 in this series, in the history of the NBA 0-154 teams have come back from a 3-0 playoff series lead. So going into game four the Nuggets had a 57% chance of winning but the Lakers prevailed and had a final score of 119-108 with the series record being 1-3. 

Going into game five the Lakers were seeking a historic comeback with the final score of game five with Lebron James finishing with 30 points and 11 assists, and Jamal Murray having a competitive 32 points and 7 assists, but in the end, the Nuggets had an amazing performance with scoring 108 points and the lakers scoring 106 points. So now the Nuggets advance into the playoffs and face off against the Minnesota Timberwolves as the Timberwolves swept the Phoenix Suns in their round 1 of the NBA playoffs. The Nuggets will play their first game on Saturday, May 4.