McNeil vs Del Valle Recap

Photo credits Ella Carter.

The varsity football team played Del Valle on Friday, Aug 25. Mcneil came out on top with 30-0 W, our score consisted of three field goals, three touchdowns and three extra points. 

Sophomore Bryce Wilson scored 12 of our points while getting all of the field goals and three of the three extra points. Last season, Wilson was a freshman on varsity and is now the 24th kicker in the nation.

“I felt good, it was going well, I felt confident in the fact that we could win, and everytime that I made a good kick and made a field goal I felt like that was just a boost,” Wilson said “I was in a winning mindset, I was expecting to win. I went into the game confident, ready to beat Del Valle by a lot because I knew we were way better than them.”

Not only did McNeil win, but they got out pretty much unscathed with only two injuries, neither of which will affect the team long term. 

“Last season didn’t go to anyone’s liking but the team that we have this year has the potential to top that with ease and go past our experience,” Wilson said. “I feel like the dynamic of the team this year is great.”

Varsity will be playing Pflugerville tomorrow, Sept 1 at the Pfeild. The theme is ball out the Panthers.