Thai Cuisine Review: A Short Ride to Thailand

For a relatively close Thai-based tasty meal, Thai Cuisine is a great restaurant to try that’s literally right down the road. Their dishes are freshly made, reasonably priced, the employees are kind and treat customers with a lot of hospitality. They offer a nice variety of dishes ranging from appetizers, curry, salad, seafood, noodles, rice to soup.

Depending on the hour of the day, lunch specials and/or dinners will be based on the concept of dishes of different sizes.

Part of their lunch special meals include an added all-you-can-eat bonus of soup, appetizers, salad and a dessert from their food bar.

Thai Cuisine is located on 4101 West Parmer, Suite F, Austin, Texas, 78727. According to Google Maps, Thai Cuisine is approximately 2.7 miles away from McNeil High School and would take around 4 to 10 minutes depending on traffic.

The meals are freshly made when ordered. When my family and I went at the beginning of their dinner service (5 p.m.) our food did not come out right away, which means they weren’t serving us their lunch leftovers.

I ordered the Pad Thai with Fried Tofu and found it to be delicious. Pad Thai is a mixture of stir-fried thin rice noodles with egg, bean sprouts, scallions, chopped fried tofu, in Thai special sauce and served with ground peanuts on the side and a lime. I especially enjoyed the fried tofu because of the thickness, texture and the way it was prepared. I like their Pad Thai because it is fresh, authentic and it tastes really nice.

I have also ordered the Yellow Curry with Tofu which consists of yellow curry paste, coconut milk, potatoes, carrots, onions and tofu. There is also a heart shaped side order of rice, either brown or white. I found this dish to be really good as well. In general, coconut curry is one of my favorites because some curries don’t taste flavorful, but this one had a kick of spiciness to it.

The Pineapple Curry is a spicy red curry with pineapple, bell peppers, and basil and is served with a side or either brown or white rice. This was also good. I again enjoyed the hint of spiciness but I still prefer the yellow curry.

If a dish isn’t as spicy as customers would like, they offer Srirach

Front view of the Thai Cuisine restaurant on Parmer.
a, a sun-ripened smooth chili paste and ground dried chili peppers to intensify the heat.

I also tried the purple rice pudding with coconut milk and found it to be okay. I thought it was good and I enjoyed the coconut milk but it was a bit too sweet for me. Nevertheless, I would still order it again.

Overall, I really like Thai Cuisine and how close it is in relation to Titaya’s, Tan My or PhoNatic which are a bit of a distance away.

If I could change one thing about this place, I would add on to the beverage menu fresh young Thai coconut water.

Their lunch hours run Monday – Friday 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and Saturday – Sunday 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.

Their dinner hours are Sunday – Thursday 5 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. and Friday – Saturday 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.

You can visit their website at http://www.thaicuisineaustin.com/ for more information on them such as their menu, contact information and/or pictures of some of their meals.