Q&A With Student Office Aides

For those who are thinking about choosing to be an office aide, this is an insider Q/A with multiple office aides at McNeil with all types of information about the role of office aide.

First, we spoke about their overall thoughts on their experience with office aides.

“It’s a really cool experience,” senior Mya Leger said. “I enjoy helping out the students and it gives me opportunities to have extra time for studying.”

“It is a really chill environment, it’s a calm workspace but you have something to do, usually.” junior Dorianne Ballard said.

We then talked about their usual responsibilities and jobs as office aids.

“I usually deliver passes, it helps get my steps in too,” Leger said. “Either that or usually helping students sign in for meetings with counselors or any other questions they have.”

We finished the interview with the question of ‘Who would you recommend it to and why?’

“Definitely people who want to start getting that job-like experience and training,” Ballard said. “And anyone else who has enough credits already and would like to help around the school.”