Making Weekends Longer

We should have three days so students have more of a break and time to relax because school is already stressful enough. The weekends should be longer because they have to go to school for five days and only get two days off. That is not fair. Instead, I believe that students should have three days off.

Education is important but if students are burnt out from too long school weeks they will not have the proper energy to learn. So if weekends were lengthened they would have more energy and motivation during the school day. If school was shorter students would have more energy and time for school.

Let’s say someone has a test on Friday and another one on Monday. If weekends are lengthened then they could have an extra day to get physically and mentally ready for the test on that coming Monday. If the weekdays were shorter, students could manage their time better because they would be able to have more time on the weekends to complete quizzes and assignments and projects. So then students would not fall behind and they would take time and effort so grades could potentially be better.

This change could also be able to save money for the school. If faculty and students were in school less time that would save electricity because the lights and projectors and computers would not be on and running all the time so the price of using electricity would be lower. The school district would also have to spend less on cleaning products, food for lunch and school supplies for the students because the students would not be in school as much. If schools were able to save money on things like that they could put extra money into athletics and clubs and renovations for the school. Maybe they could even put some of that money into teachers’ salaries. There would be countless ways that money could be spent.

These are the reasons I believe schools should have three-day weekends and four-day weeks. It could improve mental health and time management, and everyone would have more energy for school.