My favorite restaurants in Austin

Austin Restaurants I highly recommend

1 – Elizabeth Street Cafe 

Located on 1st Street, Elizabeth Street Cafe is a French-Vietnamese cafe that offers an array of delicious and unique food and drinks. Not only is Elizabeth Street Cafe serving food, but it’s also serving looks. The interior is decorated beautifully with bright colors and comfortable seating. The food at Elizabeth Street is also very unique and delicious because they find a way to put French culture and Vietnamese culture into the food beautifully. The star of the show is the Banh Mi, which is served like a traditional Banh Mi but with a flaky soft baguette on the outside. Elizabeth Street Cafe is an amazing place to eat and I definitely recommend grabbing a bite there.

Elizabeth Street Cafe official

2 – Qi

Located on West Sixth Street, Qi offers delicious modern Asian food. Qi is rich in culture and comfort, the amazing service gives you a unique dining experience. The food is fresh and they mix the old with the new by taking traditional bites and adding modern or unique touches. The decor in the restaurant is amazing and homey. Although the outdoor patio is comfortable, it is on a big road and can be pretty noisy. Qi offers a dimsum brunch on Sundays from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Qi Website

3 – Luties

Luties is a garden restaurant that offers fresh ingredients and fresh dishes. Luties has a small menu that consists of dishes made to share and the restaurant recommends two dishes per person. The atmosphere in Luties is by far my favorite out of any restaurant. The servers are so kind and the decorations are homey. The seating is also comfortable and accommodating. Luties were very helpful to those in my party that had food allergies and were more than happy to help. The overall experience at Luties was amazing and I definitely recommend and plan to go back. 

Courtesy of Eater Austin

4 – Hillside Farmacy

Hillside Farmacy is a cute eatery that offers thoughtfully locally sourced food and drinks. Farmacy is a dog friendly restaurant and has a beautiful outdoor seating area. The food at Farmacy is delicious and fresh as they have a variety of American food. Farmacy also offers juices and teas and local sodas. The food is delicious, the service is great and the atmosphere is very welcoming and pretty.

Hillside Farmacy official

5 – 1417 French Bistro

1417 offers true French bistro cuisine and embraces the comfort of a neighborhood bistro. The food is phenomenal and fresh, the star of the show is the blue cheese beignets with an apple and raisin chutney. The environment is beautiful and comforting since they use a lot of wood and warm lighting and mismatched tableware to give it a homey feel. 1417 had the best service out of the restaurants on this list, my waiter was kind and knowledgeable about the menu. I had the burger with raclette and fries and it was phenomenal, the raclette was warm and gooey and the fries came with a truffle aioli. The food was delicious and the restaurant is beautiful and is located in a nice area.

Courtesy of Austin Stays Weird