Summer School Should Not Exist

Summer school should not exist because it does not have any advantages or solutions. Students already go to school 9 months out of the year and making them go in the summer is not a reasonable idea. By the end of the school year, students are already drained. Students need breaks and should be able to relax at the end of the school year.

If certain students already neglect school and have a hard time adapting to what they’re learning, making them go in the summer is not in any way going to resolve this. The teachers teaching summer school may not know how to teach the subjects. Summer school could degrade students and make them believe that they are not worthy of a summer break. Sitting in a classroom during the summer when all of your friends and family are out enjoying their time off while you are just stuck in school again.

Summer school can be insulting to students who have to do it. It could make them lose confidence in themselves because they think they are dumb and don’t deserve to go to the next grade or possibly graduate. Summer school is not the right option because everyone needs a break and summer school is stopping them from getting their well-deserved break.

With summer school they could forget other important material that they could be learning instead of stuff they don’t need. A student who wants to learn science could be only getting taught math because it’s what they struggle with but not what they are interested in.