Boys’ Lacrosse Dominates at First 2 Games of Season

Boys+Lacrosse+player+%2360%2C+Sophomore+Colton+Tillotson%2C+contributes+to+the+overwhelming+victory+over+Vista+Ridge.+
Boys Lacrosse player #60, Sophomore Colton Tillotson, contributes to the overwhelming victory over Vista Ridge.

Being cheered onto the field by fans ranging from parents to students, the boys’ lacrosse team came out pumped and ready to face the Dripping Springs Tigers on Jan. 30.In the beginning of the game, sophomore Colton Tillotson scored the first goal, followed by another goal from sophomore Konnor Biggs. The Mavs dominated with a score 2 to 0.

“My goal for this season is to get better, make it to state and win,” freshman Jaedon Payne said.

The third goal was made by Biggs and the last goal scored at the end of the half was made by Tilllotson, making the score at halftime McNeil 4, Dripping Springs 1.

Dripping Springs managed to score two more goals by the end of the third quarter, bringing the score 4 to 3. With 8 minutes and 30 seconds left in the game the fifth Mavericks goal was made by sophomore Austin Whitlow.

Senior Connor Walsh, assisted by Biggs, scored the sixth and final goal for McNeil. Hyped up with only 48 seconds left on the clock, Dripping Springs scored its fifth goal but came up short.

Sophomore Chase Stone, the goalie for the team, contributed in the win for McNeil with a 76 percent save rate, as well as having an 85 percent face- off rate helping to bring the final score 6-5.

“It was really cool to win not just our first home game, but our first game on the brand new turf,” senior Michael Buckley said.

On Feb. 2, the boys played against Vista Ridge at their home field totally dominating them with a win 24 to 2.

In the first minutes of the game, freshman Jaedon Payne scored the first goal continuing his success with two more goals in the few minutes after the game began.

By the end of the first quarter McNeil was up 11-2.

After the first quarter ended, the next goal was made by Walsh. During the course of the second quarter, McNeil scored nine more times. At halftime, the score was 20 to 2, and by the end of the third quarter, the Mavs led 22 to 2.