Boys’ Lacrosse Continues Winning Season

The+Mavericks+huddle+as+a+team+to+go+over+team+goals+for+the+second+half+against+Westwood.+
Image by Kylie Brommel
The Mavericks huddle as a team to go over team goals for the second half against Westwood.

Playing against district rival Westwood on Feb. 20,  the team came head-to-head with some friendly competition. Proving to be an intense game, McNeil finally came out winning the game 6-5. At the beginning of the game McNeil was ahead. But Westwood came back, proving the game wasn’t going to be so easy to win.

“As the goalie, I expect my team members out on the field to put out as much effort as I am in order to win the game,” sophomore Chase Stone said. “My goals for this season is to have a 75 percent save rate and make it to the playoffs.”

The boys suffered a blow Feb 23 against Bowie at House Park stadium. Although the Mavs seemed together, their focus was not on the game. McNeil lost with a score 17 to 5.

“We were not focused but we plan to be more focused in the future,” sophomore Colton Tilotson said.

McNeil played against Rouse at Vista Ridge Stadium Feb. 27. Getting back into the game and staying focused as a team, as well as individually, paid off as the team spanked Rouse 27-3.

“We took advantage of our team skills and worked together to move the ball to the goal,” sophomore Jake Malone said. “The team goal was to win by 20 and to let all the freshmen play.”