Making a Splash
Swimmers advance to finals in North Zone TISCA meet
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
The fall swim season just ended with the North Zone TISCA meet Nov. 15-17 where many swimmers placed in their heat and advanced to finals.
“I’m very proud of myself and my team because of all of the hard work we put in,” junior Ian Frey said.
Frey placed second in the 200 freestyle relay and advanced to the “B” finals for 50 freestyle and 50 relay.
At the meet, the eight fastest times move on to “A” finals, the next eight fastest move on to “B” finals, and the next eight fastest move on to “C” finals.
“This team is a great group of kids willing to push each other and challenge themselves on a daily basis,” coach Johnny Foss said. “Continued hard work should allow them a chance at achieving the aggressive goals they set at the beginning of the year.”
Here are the stats:
52 lifetime best swims
+ Cameron Katzman earned his second Junior National Time Standard, this time in the 100 backstroke with a time of 50.74
+ The following advanced to “A” Finals:
– Boys A Medley Relay (Thomas Shomper., Taeyoon Kim, Frey, Austine Do)
– Fox Pope – 50 Freestyle and 100 Freestyle
– Katzman – 100 Freestyle (2nd place) and 100 Backstroke (1st place)
– Shomper – 100 Freestyle and 100 Backstroke
– Boys A 200 Freestyle Relay (Katzman, Frey, Mauri Trevino, Pope) – 2nd place
– Boys A 400 Freestyle Relay (Katzman, Shomper, Trevino, Pope) – 1st place
+ The following advanced to “B” Finals:
– Girls B Medley Relay (Audrey B., Isabella S., Delaney Estes, Ashlyn M.)
– Allie Freeman – 200 Freestyle and 500 Freestyle
– Trevino – 200 IM and 100 Butterfly
– Keegan Gavin – 200 IM
– Frey – 50 Freestyle and 100 Butterfly
– Toba Akande – 50 Freestyle
– Girls A 200 Freestyle Relay (Freeman, Rosie T., Hannah G., Lorretta Bates)
– Taeyoon Kim – 100 Breaststroke
– Girls A 400 Freestyle Relay (Freeman, Audrey B., Hannah G., Lorretta Bates)
– Boys B 400 Freestyle Relay (Austine D., Brendan M., Gavin, Kim)
+ The following were able to advance to “C” Finals this weekend:
– Girls A Medley Relay (Kayla H., Madison Kalina, Kaylie P., Rosie T.)
– Boys B Medley Relay (Harshithram Sundararam, Kaleb C., Jonathon D., Akande)
– Bates – 200 Freestyle and 100 Freestyle
– Patrick Scruggs – 100 Butterfly
– Estes – 500 Freestyle
– Girls B 200 Freestyle Relay (Abby B., Ashlyn M., Isabella S., Kaylie P.)
– Sundararam – 100 Backstroke
– Girls B 400 Freestyle Relay (Delaney Estes, Abby B., Delaney Harris, Kayla H.)
Hi, I am a senior and this is my third year writing for the Trailblazer. I am also on the varsity tennis team and volunteer outside of school. I am very...