JV Volleyball First District Win

Image by Photo By Makayla Rodriguez

On Tuesday, Oct. 10, the JV volleyball team played Manor high school on senior night at home. The score remained close throughout the first set with an abundance of good plays, kills, and sets coming from the Lady Mavs. Coming back out for the second set the Mavericks got the lead and did not allow Manor to get the win, winning the game 0-2.

The Lady Mavs had a lot of hustle, diving for any loose balls, as well as applying pressure to Manor keeping them in the lead. Freshman Jaidyn Dominique continues to stand out and has multiple successful kills throughout Tuesday’s game.

“I did good on my serving and my passing,” Dominique said. “Overall I think we stayed calm as a team when they got on serve runs, and we got the serve back.”

Starting off the first set the Lady Mavs made multiple good plays and constantly had serves that led to multiple-point serve streaks. Not only did the Mavs have good plays, they consistently were diving on the floor and hustling for every ball. They kept up their intensity throughout the set, and although the score remained close the Mavericks held up a five-point serve streak, ending the first set with the Mavs in the lead 25-18.

“I think we really played well as a team,” Dominique said. “Our team chemistry was there, and we definitely left it all on the court, it felt good to win”

The Lady Mavs carried over the same effort to the second set, and they were able to get a big lead early on in the set, making it hard for Manor to come back. With good blocks as well as a 10-point serve streak from Vacek, McNeil was able to comfortably hold their lead till the end, winning the second and final set 25-11.

All volleyball teams beat Manor, leading to their first program-wide sweep. The Lady Mavs will be playing again on Friday, Oct. 20, at home once again facing Round Rock high school.