Heisman Front Runners

Photo courtesy of USA Today

Michael Penix Jr (Washington Quarterback)
The current Heisman favorite for this college football season is Michael Penix Jr the Washington Quarterback. Michael Penix Jr has currently led his Washington Huskies to a 10-0 W record. They are currently ranked number five in the nation. As of week 12, Michael Penix Jr has outperformed every Quarterback in the nation. His best notable game this season was against reigning Heisman Caleb Williams (USC Quarterback) where Michael Penix threw for 256 passing yards, two touchdowns and an interception on 22 completions on 30 passing attempts. Michael Penix Jr is currently the favorite for the Heisman.

Jayden Daniels (LSU Quarterback)
Second in line for the Heisman is the talented LSU Quarterback Jayden Daniels. The senior Quarterback has played outstanding this season with 3,164 passing yards, 30 touchdowns and only four interceptions. His best game of the season came against Ole Miss University where he threw for 414 passing yards, four touchdowns and zero interceptions. He also ran for 99 yards and a touchdown. Jayden Daniels is having one of the best college football seasons of any player in college football history. Unfortunately for Daniels, the reason he is not the frontrunner for the Heisman Trophy is because LSU and Daniels have three losses. Those losses came to Florida State week 1 (45-24), Ole Miss week 5 (55-49) and Alabama Crimson Tide week 10 (42-28) where Jayden Daniels got outperformed by Alabama Quarterback Jalen Milroe.

Marvin Harrison Jr ( Ohio State Buckeyes Wide Receiver)
With a surprise here in a wide receiver, Marvin Harrison Jr has been nothing short of elite. Harrison Jr is easily the best wide receiver in college football. Harrison is no fluke; he puts up better numbers year after year than the season before. As of week 12, Marvin Harrison Jr has put up video game numbers. Harrison has 59 receptions, 1,063 receiving yards and 12 touchdowns, averaging 18 yards a catch.

Honorable Mentions: Bo Nix (Oregon Quarterback) Jalen Milroe (Alabama Quarterback) Jordan Travis (Florida State Quarterback)