Luka Doncic Scores 73 Points in Single Game

On Jan. 26, 2024, Dallas Mavericks point guard Luka Doncic scored 73 points against the Atlanta Hawks. This is the most points scored in a game since 2006 when Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant scored 81 points against the Toronto Raptors.

In this game, Doncic scored 73 points in 45 minutes of action. He also had seven assists and 10 rebounds in this outing. The Atlanta Hawks could not do anything to stop him from scoring at the basket or from the three-point line it did not matter they had no answer for him.

Unfortunately, for Doncic this game was a lot closer than he would have liked. Despite Doncic’s 73-point game the Mavericks only ended up winning by only five points, 148-143.

Doncic has silenced a lot of his haters with his 73-point outing. He is now drawing comparisons to all-time Mavericks player Dirk Nowitzki and Golden State Warriors point guard Stephen Curry.

Despite Doncic being a great scorer and possibly all-time best scorer. There is one flaw in his game: his defense. He does not have a defensive bone in his body and shows no effort on defense.

Despite this flaw, he makes the game of basketball fun and enjoyable to watch because of his entertaining offensive abilities. Night in and night out Doncic performs on the offensive side of the ball every game.