Lady Mavs Basketball Celebrates Seniors During Their Final Game

Image by Sophie Garrett

On Tuesday, Feb. 6, the Lady Mavs Basketball team celebrated its seniors during their season-ender against Round Rock high school. Head coach Matthew Butler announced each of the four seniors with a personalized speech, along with bouquets and gifts from parents and teammates. During halftime Senior Riley Samples was recognized for her commitment to play division two basketball next year at Henderson State University, as well as her accomplishment of 1200 career points that she achieved in their game on Jan. 2 against Westwood high school.

“Senior night was super bittersweet,” Samples said. “On one hand I was super excited to get to spend this final game with my team to cap off an amazing season, but on the other hand, I was super disappointed that it was already over. I love my team with all my whole heart and these four years have been so amazing. I’m so incredibly thankful for every single teammate I’ve had, but I’m definitely looking forward to spending the next four years as a Reddie at Henderson State.”