Majestics Showoffs

Majestics Showoffs
Image by Shreeyeska Shrestha

On Thursday, Jan. 29, Majestcs and Sapphires had their competition showoffs preparing for their upcoming competition season. Both teams performed group dances, along with the Majestics performing multiple solo and duet pieces.

“There was a lot of adrenaline before and throughout the showoffs but it was really fun,” Majestic Megan Denny said. “The whole thing was very fast-paced, and set the tone for how contest season is going to be.”

The showcase went very well for both teams, and the audience even got a surprising sneak peek at next year’s Majestics with the mini Majis’ own Jazz Contemporary routine.

“Minis was my favorite part, the minis performance felt more fun and I felt like I could thrive more with it being a smaller group of performers,” Maji Mini Emerson Barber said. “I love all those girls so much and we’ve all gotten close so it was really fun to perform first time together as a group.”

With all the charisma, love and help this team offered to each other, it was still stressful.

“I did my duet, had a dance to change, my solo, had a dance to change, and then we finished the whole show off with hip hop,” Denny said. “It was stressful a lot of the Majestics helped me change but overall it went well I was just really tired, but you just have to keep going”.

Denny said with dancing everything is just mental and physical preparation. Between her three performances she had to get dressed but also stay warm and prepared to perform for her next routine, as Denny said “You just have to keep going”.

“We have a contest coming up in the following weeks so I’ve been trying to stay stretched and doing a lot of icebaths, you know it’s overall just a lot of mental and physical preparation. I’m excited though it’s going to be fun,” Denny said.

These teams have brought these girls together and made them stronger as performers and individuals.

“When I look back from when I first joined the team I’ve gained so many amazing new friends, and the team has allowed me to find myself,” Sapphire Gabriela Dambuleni said. “I’ll be honest when I first got here I was closed off and shy and being on the team has brought my social side out and allowed me to grow.”

Through, stress and tears all the hard work paid off for these dancers and they have thanks to give for it.

“Thank you so much for all the experiences and memories I’ve made, thank you to the directors as well,” Dambuleni said. “You all have always taught us to go above and beyond.”