Teachers Share Their Favorite NFL Teams

Image by David Lee
Graphic with MHS logo

Maddie Jones – Dance Teacher 

Image by Alyssa Perera

Favorite NFL Team: Dallas Cowboys

“I’ve always grown up with my dad being a huge [Cowboys] fan and obviously [I live in] Texas. My dad took my brother to a game when Emmitt Smith was playing. I wasn’t really a diehard fan but my boyfriend is a huge Cowboys fan so it’s just a nice way to spend your Sunday.”

Tara Hedlund – Government and Economics Teacher 

Image by Alyssa Perera

Favorite NFL Team: Green Bay Packers 

“They’re a community-owned team so I feel like that’s more appealing than a super wealthy family that owns a team. I used to like Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers.” 

Gina Hinojosa – Theatre teacher

Favorite NFL Team: New York Jets

“Because they’re the underdogs and this was supposed to be their year and now it’s not.” 

MacGregor Surles – English Teacher

Favorite NFL Team: Dallas Cowboys

“My family is from Dallas and I spent every Sunday watching the Cowboys so naturally I’m a fan of the Cowboys. It’s been a lot of pain and suffering, but hopefully we’ll get through it because I wasn’t alive for the greatness of the 90s so I haven’t seen them be good for my entirety of being alive.”

Ms. Scarlett – English teacher

Image by Alyssa Perera

Favorite NFL Team: Philadelphia Eagles

“I mean they just put together a really good team this year, really good roster. Especially their offense. [Liked them] maybe since they won the Superbowl, so not that long. I think it was two years ago.”

Ms. Jenkins – Hall Monitor

Favorite NFL Team: Chicago Bears

“I’m from Chicago. Even though they’re really bad right now, I still root for the Chicago Bears [for the last] lets say 60 years.” 

Ms. Sullivan – Math and AVID teacher

Image by Alyssa Perera

Favorite NFL Team: Bengals/Browns

“There is a super cute picture of me when I’m like two and I’m in a Cleveland Browns uniform and it’s real precious. However, I lived in Oxford, Ohio and that’s close to Cincinnati so I’m kind of a mix bag of Ohio/Bengals/Browns. [I’ve liked] Browns since like birth, my dad grew up in the cleveland area so I’m all about that. Cincinnati’s kinda grown on me because my cousin was really into it to so he like flies into Portland to go to Cincinati Bengals games he’s real dedicated. [Liked] Browns for like life but probably Bengals in my adult life.” 

Ms. Robinson – On Focus Team in the J Wing

Image by Alyssa Perera

Favorite NFL Team: Dallas Cowboys

“I’m a diehard fan due to the fact that my entire family is a Dallas Cowboys fan, they are all fans and my Uncle who passed away, he was a diehard fan, he had everything that was Dallas Cowboys so it means a lot to me.”