Senior Expectations for Their Last Year

Senior year is a time to not only make memories with friends but also to achieve everything one hopes to accomplish before graduation.
“I am hoping to have a great time and make it a very memorable year,” senior Brandon Wood said.

For many, senior year is about getting grades up to finish their high school life strong. Some are only worried about college applications, while others want to go out and just have fun before having to pack up for college and step into the real world.

“I’m expecting to make good grades and to end my high school career feeling good and prepared for the real word and ending on good terms with my friends,” senior Brianna Cotter said.

Getting involved and meeting new and interesting people can be beneficial in the long-run. The people seniors meet in high school may be the ones who attend the same college as they do.

“I’m expecting a lot of happy memories and fun events because we have a lot of seniors in Student Council who have great ideas,” senior Katherine Sands said.

Attending events that go on during the year such as homecoming, football games, other sporting events, as well as prom and Mr. Mav help keep the year interesting. After graduation it will never be the same.

“I expect out of this year to have a lot of fun and to get myself ready for college,” senior Matthew Effland said.

However students spend the rest of their senior year, making memories and doing exciting things is what high school is all about.

“Senior year is the year everyone looks forward to because everyone wants to be in the class that did the most,” senior Courtney Castille said. “Everyone wants to be remembered after they graduate; not just another panoramic picture by the front office.”

Being a part of the memories is better than just hearing about them.

“I would like to be accepted to at least three colleges by the time I graduate,” senior Olivia Lopez said “I also want to become a leader in choir and become a better singer and student. I just want to enjoy every experience as a senior and take every opportunity and have no regrets.”