Filed under Features

OAP comes up short after advancement in District

Actors, crew members recognized for talent

Acting and competition joined together as theater participated in UIL One Act Play in which they performed Anatomy of Gray March 21 and March 24 along with seven other schools.

The Mavs found success at the district level at the Tuesday competition and performed again for bi-district later in the week but received alternate to area at Friday’s show.

“Although we didn’t advance for a third time,” sophomore Ryan Semegran said, “We as an assembly grew.”

The Mavs did not let their results at bi-districts get to them, they instead found pride in their work and everyone who participated believed it be one of their best productions.

“[It is] the best cast I’ve been with,” sophomore Larissa Marks said.

Anatomy of Gray is a play in which the protagonist June Muldoon, acted by Marks, narrates a story about the occurring events such as a recurring illness and the arrival of a doctor in her hometown in Gray, Indiana.

At district competition, senior Sophie Niles and Marks received the title of All Star Cast, senior Jaran Rudd was recognized as an honorable mention All Star Cast, and sophomore Zach Schuhmann was recognized as an All Star Technical Crew member.

The awards kept coming at bi-district as Niles was recognized as All Star Cast, Marks and Rudd as honorable mention All Star Cast, and Semegran as All Star technical Crew.