Eat Out In: It’s All in the Name

Eat Out In: It’s All in the Name

How many times a month do your parents come home from work, too tired to cook, too tired to get anything from the store, so you end up ordering pizza or fixing PB and Js? For those who aren’t able to get their own food and are sick of making meals out of the random foodstuffs in the pantry, luckily there’s an alternative.

Hardly any restaurants offer delivery. There are various places that offer take out, but usually only pizza places will deliver to your home. For those days that you don’t want pizza, but you don’t want to or can’t go out to get the food you’d like, Eat Out In can help.

Eat Out In is a catering and delivery service that diners can sign up for on their website, www.eatoutin.com. Delivery is only available in the greater Austin area and in San Antonio. Diners enter their home address so the menus for restaurants that they will deliver from become available. Popular restaurants that they offer delivery from include: California Pizza Kitchen, Chuy’s, P.F. Chang’s and many more.

During the week, they offer breakfast, lunch and dinner, but on weekends Eat Out In only delivers lunch and dinner. To buy breakfast, users must place the order by 3 p.m. the previous day. When trying to decide what kind of food to order, users can search by type of cuisine. Each restaurant has different hours that they serve meals, so check the times before placing an order.

In addition to ordering food spur of the moment, Eat Out In can bring catered food from restaurants that wouldn’t normally cater. Usually there is a price minimum of $10 for the amount of food for delivery, but if a consumer is catering from a restaurant farther away, the minimum can be more.

The only downside to this way of eating is that they require a delivery fee minimum of $6.95, or 15 percent of the food order if it is more. Also, tipping the delivery person should probably be another 15 percent. Ordering food for one person might get kind of pricey. However, if diners order for an entire family, the fees become less significant.

Having the same pizza every week can get old fast. Eat Out In may not be something to use often, but for those days no one in the family has any ideas for dinner, it can be a good backup.

Give their website a look to see if it’s something of interest. Diners can even order food in advance and save the stress of trying to find a last minute meal, which can come in handy during the holiday chaos.