Feel-Good Movies: 5 Movies to Boost Spirits

Everyone has days when they feel down. Whether sick and taking a day off from school or just having a really bad afternoon, sometimes a pick-me-up is needed. Movies are one of the first things people turn to for entertainment, and they can certainly be good for lifting spirits and improving attitudes.

movie1ghd

Groundhog Day “Groundhog Day” is a comedy that didn’t fail to disappoint when it was released in theaters in February 1993. Bill Murray plays a weatherman who is none too thrilled to be stuck in a time loop on Groundhog Day. He takes advantage of it at first, without worrying about consequences, but eventually he begins to realize things about his life and priorities, and ends up better for it. This movie will make you laugh at its witty, sarcastic humor and outrageous situations.

movie2tpb

The Princess Bride Almost everyone has heard about “The Princess Bride” at some time or another, and it has become one of the most popular American romantic comedy films. It combines action-adventure, fantasy, romance and comedy into a movie that anyone could enjoy. Though the characters have less-than-happy backstories, their conversations and adventures make the movie hilariously fun.

movie3natm

Night At The Museum Museums are popular destinations for school trips, and though walking through exhibits can sometimes be boring, who wouldn’t want to spend the night in a museum where all of the exhibits come to life? In “Night at the Museum,” Ben Stiller stars as a night guard who has to figure out how to keep control the of wax beings and walking skeletons that he has signed up to guard. Though this film is aimed at a younger audience, its silly humor will make anyone laugh, and you may learn something about history as well.

movie50fd

50 First Dates Meeting someone for a first date can be an exciting experience, and when you fall for someone, it’s a happy feeling. But what if you could relive that experience every day, over and over again? “50 First Dates” tells the story of a woman who has short-term memory loss, and each day she is courted by the man who has fallen for her. He tries every day to make her happy even though she remembers none of it the next day. This film is romantic but funny.

movie5up

Up Pixar has made its share of family movies, but one of the most popular is the comedy-adventure film “Up.” By tying balloons to his house to fly, Carl Fredricksen fulfills his lifelong dream of going to the wilderness of South America, and also picks up a few hitchhikers along the way. This animated film is funny enough to make any audience laugh.