Tarka Indian Kitchen Offers Austin With a Taste of India

Image by http://veganaustin.org
Tarka Indian Kitchen, a local Indian restaurant in Austin.

Tarka Indian Kitchen offers fresh, fast and flavorful Indian food. Their menu options range from lassis, tarka “naaninis”, various curries, kabobs, biryanis, soups and salads. Tarka even offers a variety of vegetarian, vegan and gluten free menu items. Tarka is committed to making relatively inexpensive Indian cuisine; all of their menu is priced under $10.

Tarka allows the ability to dine in, take out or delivery through Dine on Demand, “a locally owned web-based marketing and restaurant delivery service that delivers to the Austin and surrounding areas” (dineondemandonline.com).Tarka offers online ordering and also has an iPhone App, another form of placing an order quickly.

Tarka strives to be a sustainable restaurant, by reducing their carbon footprint, and therefore is recognized as a Green Restaurant by the city of Austin. They use environmentally friendly to-go packaging, recycle their used cooking oil, glass, aluminum, plastic and cardboard, and compost food waste.

“At Tarka, the atmosphere is very modern and clean, and the staff are very friendly. Some of my vegetarian favorites include Tarka Aloo and the Aloo Ghobi,” junior Julia Bailey said. “Their Roti, whole wheat and unleavened, is also amazing. My family and I love stopping by for their authentic, fragrant food. My favorite part is how fresh it is and the quality is great for what you’re paying.”

Tarka has three locations: South Austin, Round Rock and North Austin. Their hours of operation are from Sunday to Thursday 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. and on Friday and Saturday 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.

Main