YouTube Evolving Into More Than A Viral Video Website

In the beginning, YouTube was just a website that not a lot of visitors went to that some people would post short videos and wouldn’t get many views. Over the years, it has evolved into an entire community, and some people even earn a living by making videos and earning subscribers. There are even conventions that YouTubers meet at to visit each other and their fans. It is a great way to stay connected, and, for some, it has completely changed their lives.

I am a huge fan of YouTube and the success it has given to people. It is pretty amazing that a simple website could have such a huge impact on some people’s lives. It isn’t an easy thing to do, to become “YouTube famous” but all of the people who are considered “YouTube famous” right now are actually just regular people who one day decided to put themselves out there and start making videos in an attempt to entertain people, which is really inspirational to me.

What I like about most of the famous YouTubers is that they seem a lot more humble than regular celebrities because they are almost always thanking people for subscribing to their channels and they actually read comments and watch video responses that people send them. They just seem like they are a lot more connected to their fans than hollywood celebrities and a lot more in touch with giving their viewers what they want. It’s extremely impressive that those people were able to accumulate such a huge following just by simply turning their camera on and recording something to put on the Internet.

Just think of last year when our school made that lipdub, so many people were excited and willing to be involved with it because they knew how awesome videos are and how much people enjoy watching them. That video is now up to 18,859 views on YouTube, a pretty respectable number.

If there is something you really want to share, YouTube is such a great way to make yourself heard and noticed. Becoming a YouTuber isn’t something that many people have really considered trying, but I would definitely encourage it because it’s a great way to be expressive and creative and meet people who are interested in the same things you are.