First Week of School Recap

After an eventful first week of school, the freshmen are finally getting used to McNeil. Freshmen have to get used to a new block schedule as well as Flex and a whole new set of rules.

“The first couple of days it was confusing and stressful figuring out where everything was but it’s gotten a little easier now,” freshman Hudson Eingstrom said. “There’s a lot more walking than in middle school, but it’s nice getting up and moving after sitting in a chair for a longtime.

A lot of freshman students are accommodating to different workloads and the difference between middle school and high school expectations.

“I think school has been pretty good, I don’t like how much homework we have though,” freshman Frankie Hollenbeck said. “It’s not that I hate homework, it’s just that my teachers had said we won’t have too much homework in this class, and then the next day there’s homework”.

While freshmen are getting used to their teachers and classes, they like the time they get in class to do work due to block scheduling.

“I like block scheduling because I have more time to do homework and unfinished assignments,” freshman Faiza Fatima said. “I can do my B-day work on A days and vice versa.”