Best Things To Do In Austin

Best things to do in Austin

Here are some of the best things to do in Austin over the summer, first starts to heat up and you want to cool off, visit Barton Springs Pool for a refreshing swim. Admission fees for Barton Springs Pool during the summer months (mid-March to October) range from $1 to $9 for Austin residents and $4 to $9 for non-residents.

• Children under 1 year of age, veterans and those who enter outside of the fee-charging hours (5 a.m. to 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.) can enter for free.

• Season passes are also available, ranging from $65 to $190 for residents and $95 to $155 for non-residents.

Barton Springs Pool is a lot of fun and will cool you off without a doubt.

A different thing to do is to go kayaking or paddle boarding on Lady Bird Lake. The kayaking cost for a single is $20/hour or $45/day rate, a double is $25/hour or $55/day rate. Paddle boards cost $25/hr or $55/day.

A free idea that is just as fun as the other two is checking out the bats at Congress Avenue Bridge. The best time to see the bats come out is 7:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. The first major bat column to emerge normally exits along the river edge at the southeast end of the bridge, with the column heading east along the river. There are so many things to do in Austin over the summer and an endless amount of fun available.

If you’re looking for something more artistic, the Blanton Museum of Art is a renowned museum located in Austin, Texas. It houses a diverse collection of over 21,000 works, including modern and contemporary art, Latin American art, Old Master paintings, and prints and drawings. The museum offers various exhibitions, educational programs, and events for visitors to enjoy and learn from. As part of the University of Texas at Austin, the Blanton Museum of Art plays an essential role in the cultural and educational landscape of the city. The prices are: Adults (18-64): $12Seniors (65+): $10Youth (13-17): $8Children (12 and under): FreeUT faculty, staff, and students: Free with valid ID Free admission every Tuesday.