Something Big in the Gaming Community

At McNeil, as most of you probably know, the gaming community is pretty much a big deal. Gaming plays a big role in a lot of people’s lives at this school and it’s something a lot of students and even some teachers do in their free time.

When most gamers share what their favorite games are, they’ll mention games like Fortnite, GTA 5, NBA 2K, Madden, Call of Duty, etc. The game series that we’ll be focusing on today is the GTA series created by a company called Rockstar Games.

Rockstar Games, according to millions of gamers all over the world, is one of the best gaming companies in the world and would drop the game of the century.

Gamers who usually play GTA 5 and other shooter games, in general, have been waiting for a specific game to come out for years. GTA 5 officially hit the shelves on Sept. 17, 2013, and it was one of the most significant video game releases that have ever happened. In the first five days of the game being out, Rockstar Games sold 16 million units of the game and made over 1 billion dollars. GTA 5 was a massive commercial success and the game made Rockstars billions of dollars. It is to this day, the most successful video game that has ever been released.

After GTA 5 was released, Rockstar Games shifted their focus to another big game title. They started development on a game that was later announced as Red Dead Redemption 2. Red Dead Redemption 2 won multiple Game of the Year awards in 2018 and was the best game in the world for a good few years.

When COVID-19 started coming into play, it affected the time frame of GTA 6 by a sizable amount and it sent the game back by over a year. Not to mention, Rockstar had never tended to a game like GTA 5 compared to any game before. They milked GTA 5 Online for almost a decade now with DLCs and weekly updates. We’re at the time where Rockstar can just stop worrying about GTA 5 so that they can completely shift their focus to GTA 6 so that they can make the perfect game.

Now over the last couple of years, there have been many leaks that have surfaced on Social Media. Fans of the franchise know that there is a Male and Female protagonist. The game is based in a place in the game called Vice City which is based in Florida. All NPCs are smarter than ever. The physics are as realistic as ever, and based on how aesthetically pleasing Red Dead Redemption 2 looked, GTA 6 should be the most beautiful game ever made knowing Rockstar Games.

Now there have been speculations over the size of the game. Know that game consoles at their base hold different amounts of storage. 350 gigabytes, 500 gigabytes and some consoles now have a full terabyte included. Not to mention, nowadays you’re able to get external devices that hold storage so that you can put even more big games on your console. There haven’t been any confirmations made about the actual size of the game, but gaming experts project that the game will be somewhere close to 250-300 gigabytes large.

To put into perspective how long we gamers have been waiting for GTA 6, some kids were 12 years old who had GTA 5 denied to them by their parents because of the violence and language included in the game. Those same kids would be 22 and some of those people might even have families now. That is how long the wait has been.

Gamers all over the world to this day continue to patiently wait for maybe the single most highly anticipated game in gaming history. People have complained about the game taking too long for a few years now and now we’ll finally get the first trailer here very soon in early December and the game is rumored to release by late 2024 or early 2025. Gamers, it’s coming and it’s confirmed. There’s no need to worry anymore.

The GTA 6 trailer was released a day early and within only 12 hours of the trailer coming out, the video got a whopping 60 million views in just 12 hours which is a record-breaking number. The trailer confirmed a lot of the things we gamers were expecting. With a much bigger map and way more explorable interiors than ever before, we’re shown the base of the campaign as its story is based around the famous Bonnie & Clyde story. There is one male protagonist, Jason, and one female protagonist, Lucia, for the first time in the GTA series. The graphics of this game seem to be the best it’s ever been in any GTA game. The physics in the game has also been said to be as ultra-realistic as possible as more polygons make up all of the 3D objects in the game than ever which can depict how an object can deform itself and break as it takes damage. For example, Cars in GTA 6 are made of polygons, and car damage and physics are said to be as realistic as ever making car damage look lifelike.

Here at school, the students are as hyped as everyone else. When Sophomore Jason Taylor was asked about what his thoughts and opinions were on the trailer and the game itself, he said “I mean the game looks really good, the map from what I saw is giant and the graphics look amazing. I also think I saw some real car brands in the trailer like I saw a Porsche which is pretty cool”. In GTA 5, car brands, as you can understand, don’t want their brand to be associated with a game whose whole idea is to steal cars and commit any possible crime you can think of. Now a decade later, things seem to be different as the GTA series has gained so much popularity worldwide that there’s just no real risk of giving GTA 6 the rights to use these car brands in the game. Everyone knows what the game GTA is so how would it pose a risk? The game is just too popular to pass up the opportunity to be featured in the game.

The game is confirmed, the trailer is out and everybody is hyped about GTA 6, but unfortunately, the game isn’t set to come out until most likely sometime in late 2025. GTA 5 came out in December of 2013 so it makes sense to think that the game will likely come out later in the winter. Now as gamers, all we do is wait for what is made out to be potentially the Greatest Video Game to ever hit the shelves. The expectations are sky-high but if there’s anyone to make a game of that caliber, it would be Rockstar Games.