5 Natural Home Remedies for Good Health

Avocados are beneficial to many aspects of human health, including skin, heart and hair.

Everybody has little insecurities they wish they could change about themselves. For most people it is acne, weight, damaged or greasy hair, or dry skin. I have discovered a few simple home remedies that work to fight problem areas for average people that I hope will be helpful to most.

1. Baking Soda for Acne Baking soda is a product that is commonly found in almost any household, but I bet you didn’t know that it could be used as a healthy at-home treatment for oily skin or acne. It is a great exfoliator and gets rid of dead skin cells before they are able to clog pores. It is also believed that it lowers the acidity of the epidermis, making the skin appear smoother and softer. All you need is baking soda and water. After mixing the two together, apply in circular motions to the face and leave on for up to 10 minutes, but try not to leave it on much longer than that because it may cause irritation to sensitive skin.

2. Avocado for Dry Skin Besides the fact that avocados are extremely delicious and good for the heart, they are also an unsuspectedly good treatment for dry skin. Mash up the inside part of an avocado and apply it to the face. Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes then rinse with warm water for a healthy, moisturized glow.

3. Aloe Vera for Scabs or Wounds This might be a little bit gross, but it’s truthful. Some people have a bad problem with picking at zits or scabs, preventing them from healing properly. To get that hideous scab on your face to disappear quickly for that big date on Friday night, apply aloe vera directly to the wound and cover it with a band aid over night. The next morning you should wake up and already see dramatic improvement. Continue this as long as needed and it should go away fairly quickly.

4. Toothpaste for Healthy Nails Teeth and nails are made of the same material, so naturally they can both be taken care of with the same product. Brushing your nails with toothpaste will leave them looking cleaner, stronger, and less yellow. Use toothpaste with whitening for better results.

5. Honey for Damaged Hair Honey is a natural tool to help lock in moisture, which is very beneficial to heat-damaged hair. Mix it with olive oil, another natural moisturizer, to repair those split ends. For extreme cases, it is also a good idea to add something rich in protein, like avocado or egg. Apply to clean, damp hair and let sit for about 20 minutes.