TTF: Turn To Faith on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday

• The group takes a pause from conferencing to pose for a picture.

• Participants are constantly sharing their work. Here Eungee Chong (10) reads a Valentine she wrote for the group.

Image by Jisu Jeon

People pass by the Memorial Garden and wonder if it is ever used for anything other than memory, occasional special education garden work and random hangouts. Senior Cindy Wu saw it as a beautiful place for fellowship with peers and conversing about ideas.“I was encouraged by my friends who already graduated high school to start this group,” Wu said. “We are forced to be with other people, so why not do as much as I can? We are trying to lift up the student body, even if it might be only one person.”They meet every Tuesday, Thursday and Friday during C lunch in the Memorial Garden. Every meeting starts out with participants recounting their PRs, praise reports or prayer requests.“It is run by just kids; it is so free, we can talk about anything,” sophomore Jisu Jeon said.There are no adults to guide the dialogue, contributors do not fear getting in trouble for their opinions. The meeting is quite open, people share their beliefs and ask questions, all attempting to draw closer to God and understand the Bible. People who do not share the faith are welcome as well, subjects can be discussed and confusions resolved.

Members do not always have intense Bible study or controversial debates; they also have fun. The joy and laughter keep many of the devotees coming back time after time. There are many jokes and hilarious stories shared there and it makes for an accepting group of friends.

Wu realized that she did not want to let time fly by, so she grabbed the moment and did something worthwhile.