McNeil Engraving Making It’s Imprint

At the beginning of this year, some of the engineering students started Maverick Engraving within the STEM academy as a “project.” Engineering teacher Lisa Windolph sponsors the group and Michael Murray is the vice president. Dog tags, acrylic squares, wallets and name engravings are available.

Five students work during seventh period engraving the products with assigned jobs to complete.

“I was assigned marketing, like making sure the flyers are out, and we all made the logo together,” senior Laurie Trudeau said. “My favorite is working the machine for the hands-on experience.”

With assigned jobs, tasks are completed smoothly, and the engraving process is short – only about a minute or minute and a half, depending on the intricacy of the design.

“Some of us have stayed into eighth period, but the demand does not require us to come before or after school,” Trudeau said.

The students sell their engraved products for decent prices: dog tags are $3, acrylic squares $18, wallets $5, and name engravings $3. They have even done some trophies for sports’ teams. All of the profits go to the Engineering Academy.

Stop by D106 to learn more or go to https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1TXyL3XGj7k8aI8jA9tSRLsaNp1KKCap2HRW51uKqsrg/viewform to order your engraving today.